UPDATE: Dec 1, 2013: We have filled the Web Project Manager position. Thanks to all who expressed their interest.
Stand Out Designs, a small web design and online marketing firm known for our friendliness, expertise and passion to serve, is looking for a web project manager.
As a key member of our team, you’ll work closely with our Lead Strategist, designers, developers and clients to product quality websites that bring great results. Stand Out’s core market consists of mission-driven small businesses and entrepreneurs, especially spirituality, health and educational-based business.
Our specialties include:
- WordPress Website Design & Development
- Search Engine Optimization & Local SEO (Google Places)
- Blog, Email and Social Media Integration
- Innovative Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- Online Sales Funnels to market and deliver online training programs
We’re looking for an individual who has a strong commitment to client satisfaction, good verbal and written communication skills, and excellent technical and troubleshooting abilities. You’ll work directly with clients, designers and developers on a variety of projects—including complete website builds, maintaining current sites, and executing email, seo and advertising campaigns.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage a number of concurrent web projects, as well as day-to-day site maintenance.
- Apply hands-on knowledge and skills with WordPress, HTML, CSS.
- Oversee projects technical implementation, quality assurance and delivery.
- Act as main point of contact between clients and our designers/developers/strategists.
- Manage scope creep, schedule and budget.
- Contribute to overall quality of the project by conducting and managing QA process
- Coordinate and manage outsourced vendors and project teams.
- Write and send proposals to prospective clients.
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years experience working as a Project Manager in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-5 years experience working with WordPress Content Management System.
- Demonstrated experience with HTML and CSS—Photoshop, SEO and copywriting skills a plus.
- Strong understanding of web design best practices – ability to make recommendations for improving page layouts and text for improved clarity and conversion.
- Ability to perform web QA, troubleshoot issues and clearly describe problems to developers.
- Experience scoping, planning and scheduling small to medium web development projects.
- Detail oriented, good organization skills.
- Self-directed,ability to manage and prioritize tasks and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to see big picture level while keeping an eagle eye on all minor tasks, details, deadline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree, preferably in communications or IT related field.
- Possess positive outlook and enjoy team collaboration.